Popsicle sticks are a staple when it comes to arts & crafts with the Littles, and even more so around the holidays. Popsicle stick Christmas trees are just one of the many festive projects you can make for the holidays.
- Hot glue gun
- 3 popsicle sticks
- Brown craft or cardstock paper
- Elmer’s Glue
Other Supplies (but not limited to):
- Tiny pom poms
- Jingle bells
- Pipe cleaners
The neat thing about this project is that you can give your littles some creative freedom to use whatever they’d like to decorate their tree.
- Dab both ends of one of your popsicle sticks with hot glue.
- Take your remaining two popsicle sticks and press one end of each to the ends with hot glue, and bring these last two popsicle sticks together to complete the triangle (tree).
- Dab these two popsicle sticks with hot glue to attach them.
- Cut a 1” x 1” square of your craft/cardstock paper
- Dab hot glue to the middle of one of your popsicle sticks & place brown paper (stump).
- Now the fun part! Simply dab the Elmer’s glue on the popsicle sticks and place your “ornaments” (jewels, buttons, pom poms, etc).
These are great as is, but you may also pull a piece of string through and tie and you have a tree ornament!